Take Action! Here are some ways that you can make a difference!
1. Make a conscious decision every day to treat our water and planet with respect. Stop taking each for granted.
2. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. Saves you money and only takes a few extra minutes to separate recyclables from trash.
3. Wash your car at a commercial car wash or on graveled or grassy areas to prevent the untreated soap chemicals from draining into our water systems.
4. Boycott buying water bottles. Buy a reusable bottle instead. Say no to the privatization of water and waste.
5. Do not litter. Throw your trash where it belongs so it doesn’t end up in our waterways.
6. Avoid using toxic chemicals outside such as weedkillers, fertilizers, and pesticides which drain into our ground water and waterways.
7. Buy and eat sustainable seafood. Use a sustainable seafood guide.
8. Conserve water. When you do not need running water turn off the facet and use low flow shower heads. Check faucets and pipes for leaks.
9. Buy environmentally safe cleaning products.
10. Properly dispose household hazardous wastes.
11. Buy locally
One of the most important things that you can do is spread the word.
Inform others about these issues and the solutions. Spread water awareness.